Shields for Cespedes?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandyKutcherHair

Shields for Cespedes?

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

This is a head to head CBS league with weekly moves and I have been offered Cespedes for my James Shields.

My current outfield is Bryce Harper, Joey Bats and BJ Upton with Viciedo on the DL.

My current pitching staff is Darvish, Ian Kennedy, Shields, Hammel, Kuroda, Maholm, Joe Nathan with interchangeable matchup plays on the bench Jose Fernandez, Marquis, Vargas, and Edwin Jackson.

Obviously Cespedes is an upgrade over BJ Upton; but is it worth it to down grade my pitching?

Captain Hook

Re: Shields for Cespedes?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would have jumped all over this trade UNTIL I saw you only play three outfielders

I would pass - don't think it helps your team and you can rest BJUp with Viciedo when he returns

RandyKutcherHair

#3 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Yes, in this league we play 3 outfielders with 1 utility. I currently have Hafner in my utility spot with VMart as a backup on the bench. I can make an extra bench spot if needed.

Should have added that in the original post. Does it change your opinion to have that utility spot available?

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I still don't think I would trade my #2 SP
(Cespedes is also a minor injury concern)

RandyKutcherHair

#5 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

I will offer Kennedy and see if he bites. Thanks.