Who to drop ? (J.A.Happ / Rick Porcello / Lucas Harrell ...)

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
esiberg
Low-A

Who to drop ? (J.A.Happ / Rick Porcello / Lucas Harrell ...)

#1 Post by esiberg »

18 team 5x5 league

Plan to drop 1 pitcher,
Who will you choose to drop among J.A.Happ / Rick Porcello / Lucas Harrell /Joe Ortiz ?

Captain Hook

Re: Who to drop ? (J.A.Happ / Rick Porcello / Lucas Harrell ...)

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I like Joe Ortiz but he is worthless in a 5X5 league (unless you have a bench and steam daily subbing him when you are missing a start)

If you are talking about which SP to release my choice would be Harrell because HOU is very unlikely to provide enough support for W in his shaky starts

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

You don't say who you would be picking up in their place.....they may be worse than what you have. Toss up between Porcello and Harrell, although the former's recent outing was promising. I'd probably hang onto Ortiz for his WHIP and ERA and vulture wins. He could end up with as many wins as Harrell.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

esiberg
Low-A

#4 Post by esiberg »

Thanks of your advise.
I have 1 DL player coming back, so I have to drop someone. ^^
I like Joe Ortiz too, and I think Porcello is not as bad as his current stats. (would like to trace 3-4 games and decide to keep him or not.)

I don't like Happ much, but if based on fantasy value, it looks Harrell is the one I might drop.