Thoughts on these players longer term

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Thoughts on these players longer term

#1 Post by tybs »

I'm usually very patient (sometimes to a fault) with players I draft. The following players, who I own in 5X5 roto leagues, are off to slow (to very slow) starts. I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on their longer term viability.

Team 1: 10 team league, 22 starters (13 hitters, 9 pitchers), 6 bench. Main reason this team is off to a slow start is that I have 6 players on MLB DL (Aybar, Cespedes, Ar. Ramirez, Freeman, Garza and Fujikawa). Victor Martinez (looks like nothing more than a singles hitter right now when he does get a hit), Asdrubal Cabrera (looks clueless and striking out more frequently than in the past), Ike Davis (looks almost as bad as he did at the start of last season) and Teheran (walking too many and doesn't look capable of getting LH hitters out) are the players I'm concerned about.

Team 2: 12 team league, 18 starters (10 hitters, 8 pitchers), 5 bench. Salvador Perez (see Victor Martinez comments), Domonic Brown (hasn't been terrible, but spring numbers have not translated), Jason Heyward (looks totally clueless at the plate) are position players I'm concerned about. Starting pitching is killing me in this league. I'm last in ERA and WHIP (4.78/1.39). Hamels and Shields have underperformed, but I'm not too concerned over either. Rest of current starting staff is Chacin, B. Anderson, Hellickson, C.J. Wilson, Teheran, Cingrani and Billingsley. I picked up Chacin and Billingsley for streaming purposes and didn't figure on keeping either.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Captain Hook

Re: Thoughts on these players longer term

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:I'm usually very patient (sometimes to a fault) with players I draft. The following players, who I own in 5X5 roto leagues, are off to slow (to very slow) starts. I'm curious as to everyone's thoughts on their longer term viability.

Team 1: 10 team league, 22 starters (13 hitters, 9 pitchers), 6 bench. Main reason this team is off to a slow start is that I have 6 players on MLB DL (Aybar, Cespedes, Ar. Ramirez, Freeman, Garza and Fujikawa). Victor Martinez (looks like nothing more than a singles hitter right now when he does get a hit), Asdrubal Cabrera (looks clueless and striking out more frequently than in the past), Ike Davis (looks almost as bad as he did at the start of last season) and Teheran (walking too many and doesn't look capable of getting LH hitters out) are the players I'm concerned about.

Team 2: 12 team league, 18 starters (10 hitters, 8 pitchers), 5 bench. Salvador Perez (see Victor Martinez comments), Domonic Brown (hasn't been terrible, but spring numbers have not translated), Jason Heyward (looks totally clueless at the plate) are position players I'm concerned about. Starting pitching is killing me in this league. I'm last in ERA and WHIP (4.78/1.39). Hamels and Shields have underperformed, but I'm not too concerned over either. Rest of current starting staff is Chacin, B. Anderson, Hellickson, C.J. Wilson, Teheran, Cingrani and Billingsley. I picked up Chacin and Billingsley for streaming purposes and didn't figure on keeping either.

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Team 1 - well none of us can do anything about the injuries except manage through them.
Of the players you mention I am not concerned at this point about VMart, Asdrubal, or Ike Davis
I would be finding a replacement for Teheran assuming you don't have so much roster space you could bench him

Team 2 - Not concerned (again at this point) about Perez (you didn't buy him for power) or Heyward. But you need to monitor the injury to Brown very carefully. On the pitching side again Teheran is my only immediate concern