Kyle Seager

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Kyle Seager

#1 Post by aburt19 »

I don't pay too much attention to ST box scores, but I checked to see who the starter was for the Royals against Seattle.
I noticed that Seager was hitting lead-off. Has anyone heard that they are planning on him being the lead-off man in the
regular season?

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Kyle Seager

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

No idea but I'll pass this along to Perry to see if he can do some digging.

Were Ackley and/or Gutierrez in the lineup?

If not, it could have been because of that.

Also, sometimes players will lead off to get more at bats, especially if they're working on something.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I will see the Mariners on Saturday and will ask but I would venture they were just getting Seager more AB

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#4 Post by aburt19 »

You are both probably right. I went through the box scores for Seattle and he's hit lead-off twice. Both times
neither Gutierrez or Ackley was in the lineup. I should have thought of that.

Sorry.

Polka

#5 Post by Polka »

With Miggy and Beltre being kept in my big league and not really liking the next tier I'm seriously thinking of making Seager my top 3B guy and spending money elsewhere? Any thoughts??
Todd did you get my League info through the PM I sent you?

deansdaddy

#6 Post by deansdaddy »

I was able to keep Seager at $4 in the MB Dynasty league, and even better there, since it's on Yahoo - he gets 2B eligibility and fills a major void for me there.

Just another thing to remember with Seager - 18 games at 2B last year - so he just might qualify there in your league.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Polka wrote:With Miggy and Beltre being kept in my big league and not really liking the next tier I'm seriously thinking of making Seager my top 3B guy and spending money elsewhere? Any thoughts??
Todd did you get my League info through the PM I sent you?
yes, working through everything
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Polka

#8 Post by Polka »

Thanks Todd!