4 Keeper Decision

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandyKutcherHair

4 Keeper Decision

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

In my AL/NL head to head CBS league I need to decide on 4 keepers. We are allowed 1 hitter, 1 pitcher, and 2 wildcards of either. Her is how my top guys breakdown now...

Hitters:
Cano
Longoria
Bautista
Adam Jones
Cespedes

Pitchers:
Darvish
Sale
James Shields
Jarrod Parker
Matt Moore

Right now I am leaning towards keeping 3 hitters and 1 pitcher in Cano, Longoria, Buatista, and Darvish. Tough call to let go,f some f those guys especially Cespedes, Jones and Sale. Do you guys agree with my keepers or would you make a different decision?

Captain Hook

Re: 4 Keeper Decision

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

RandyKutcherHair wrote:In my AL/NL head to head CBS league I need to decide on 4 keepers. We are allowed 1 hitter, 1 pitcher, and 2 wildcards of either. Her is how my top guys breakdown now...

Hitters:
Cano
Longoria
Bautista
Adam Jones
Cespedes

Pitchers:
Darvish
Sale
James Shields
Jarrod Parker
Matt Moore

Right now I am leaning towards keeping 3 hitters and 1 pitcher in Cano, Longoria, Buatista, and Darvish. Tough call to let go,f some f those guys especially Cespedes, Jones and Sale. Do you guys agree with my keepers or would you make a different decision?
Curious if because you are only allowed 4 keepers that all teams have a good four? If not and you can trade I would try and trade one of your pitchers with one of your hitters if you could get Verlander for say one of Sale/Darvish/Shields and Longoria?

BUT I would keep Cespedes over Longoria or Jones - I think he takes another step up over last year which was not a full season of AB

RandyKutcherHair

#3 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

I would say that every team starts out with a strong 4 keepers. For example the guy with Verlander also has King Felix, kemp, and Braun. This makes trading pre keeper list submission difficult.

RandyKutcherHair

#4 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

I made a few calls around the league and found out a few 3b were being kept so I went with Longoria as my 4th keeper. I drew the 2nd pick in our slow draft and plenty of good options to choose from but I have narrowed my choices to Tulo or Harper.

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I would keep:
Cano
Bautista
Darvish
Sale

and I would sleep great.

Now you can draft either Longo or Cespedes with the #2 pick, leave Tulo and Harper for the teams that will be chasing you all season.

RandyKutcherHair

#6 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Thanks ARC. We changed things up a bit and are going with a slow email draft starting this morning so I had already submitted my keepers. Tulo just went #1. That leaves me with a choice between Harper, Bruce, Hamels or Sabathia with the #2 pick.
EDIT: Went with Harper. Hoping to get a top SP in the next round.

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

I agree with the Harper pick