CVCR differences based on category weight

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

CVCR differences based on category weight

#1 Post by viper »

I guess what I discovered comes as no surprise and it was what I expected but here goes.

I used CVCR for an NFBC leagues with a.280 batting average and 70% hitter budget. I ran numbers for an averaged set of projections using HR = 1.2 & SB = 0.8 and compared those results to HR & SB weights both equaling 1.0. I also used the 30CA, 180 non-catcher scenario.

Only two players had a difference of $3 or more. They were the two elite base-stealers, Reyes & Tavares. Only eight more double digit players had differences between $2.9 and $2.0. What I see is that it really makes very little difference in your tiers so use what you want. I will use the 1.2/0.8 model as I like the slight emphasis on HRs and am willing to look for steals in the end game if needed.

If you run a similar comparisons with each position in play, I would suggest you assign all the 1B/3B combination players to be 3B.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer