Real Baseball Question

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Real Baseball Question

#1 Post by viper »

My minimal research could not find the answer so I figured I would just ask in here.

What happens if there is a tie for the Division title?

Assuming it is broken with some tiebreaker system, could that possibly mean the team that tied for a division totally misses that playoff if there are two non-division winners with better records?

Finally, what happens if there is a tie for the second wild card spot?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Real Baseball Question

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I will check on the others but clearly there is a playoff game for Division Winner ......that should not affect the record of the team tied but if that record is lower than other Wild Card teams, yes they are watching (but really had the same one game playoff opportunity)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

thanks - I'll bookmark that page
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer