H2H playoff SP woes/roster management

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

H2H playoff SP woes/roster management

#1 Post by CubFan »

See signature for roster. Have a bye this week and will play the lowest seed of the 3-6 seeds next week. Lost McCarthy for the season and Cobb will likely be given extra days off so will probably lose a start over the next 2 weeks. Two of the teams battling this week have 7 SP, another 5 and the 4th has 4 SPs. The #2 seed has 7 SPs. I'm down to 5. If I DL McCarthy (dont want to drop him as someone will pick him up dirt cheap next week) I'd have to drop one of Ortiz, Scott Sizemore or Chisenhall (he may end up playing in a week) and dont want to do that for the same reason.

I have $2 of FAAB left. Wondering if my best option is dropping Pryor and putting in a $1 bid for Pettite, Floyd, DeVries, Archer or McGee. Part of me says I'm chasing wins if I go after any of these SPs but yet I may face t a team with 7 SPs which places me at a disadvantage in W's and K's. McGee has been nails this year and over a two week period may put up better ratios than any of the others and who knows about wins as none of the SPs to choose from are a lock to put up a W, although a healthy Pettite would have the best chance. Also could beef up my offense by dropping either Izturis or Pennington and putting in a $1 bid for Aviles, Guiterrez or Canzler. Or stand pat on offense and keep $1 in reserve for the following week for any upgrades.

You guys have been great in giving me advice in the past. Going to the well one more time so appreciate any ideas on how you'd attack this problem with a miniscule FAAB budget.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -