Jesus Montero and Sal Perez, 2013 value

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Andy

Jesus Montero and Sal Perez, 2013 value

#1 Post by Andy »

10 team mixed 5x5, 23 man rosters.

Are Jesus Montero or Sal Perez good value at $10 for 2013?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Jesus Montero and Sal Perez, 2013 value

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Borderline.

Assuming a 2-catcher league, I'd put these guys somewhere in the middle third. Off the top of my head, in no particular order

Wieters, MMontero, Napoli, V-Mart (if he does not play and this retains C-eligibility), Posey, Santana, Mauer, McCann, Molina -- then Avila and Salty and then you get to the area where Perez and Montero will be. In some leagues, Grandal and Rosario will also factor in since they'll be the shiny new toys.

I suppose it depends on the market rate of catchers in the league, but I would personally prefer the $1 route since there are 10 guys in the inventory that I can pick up in case my first two guesses were wrong
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Andy

Re: Jesus Montero and Sal Perez, 2013 value

#3 Post by Andy »

Todd Zola wrote:Borderline.

Assuming a 2-catcher league, I'd put these guys somewhere in the middle third. Off the top of my head, in no particular order

Wieters, MMontero, Napoli, V-Mart (if he does not play and this retains C-eligibility), Posey, Santana, Mauer, McCann, Molina -- then Avila and Salty and then you get to the area where Perez and Montero will be. In some leagues, Grandal and Rosario will also factor in since they'll be the shiny new toys.

I suppose it depends on the market rate of catchers in the league, but I would personally prefer the $1 route since there are 10 guys in the inventory that I can pick up in case my first two guesses were wrong
Thanks. Much obliged. Strategically I always like having a decent pair of catchers. Hate hate hate the $1 catcher.