Trade Kershaw??

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
scaci

Trade Kershaw??

#1 Post by scaci »

Hey all, been a long time since I've been here, our longtime NL only league folded and I haven't been too serious for a couple of years up until now.

But we now have a 14 team mixed league with an different method of accquiring players that involves drafting them and then assigning dollar values, so I'm back to asking questions.

I'm down in steals and average, and right now pitching (Morrow and McCarthy on the DL).

I've been offered Bonafacio ($11 next year) and Josh Johnson ($17) next year for Kershaw ($26 next year). Inflation is very high in this league.

Hopefully if Morrow and McCarthy do get back, and I have Gio Gonzalez, my pitching will rebound, but is it worth the risk to move Kershaw for these two?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade Kershaw??

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Hey guy. Welcome back.

IMHO - not enough for Kershaw. Bonifacio is a one trick pony and the jury is still out on Johnson's recovery. I interpret this as a throw in the towel move. If that's the case, this is too soon to take those players.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

scaci

#3 Post by scaci »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:Hey guy. Welcome back.

IMHO - not enough for Kershaw. Bonifacio is a one trick pony and the jury is still out on Johnson's recovery. I interpret this as a throw in the towel move. If that's the case, this is too soon to take those players.
Thanks for the thoughts Kid. Currently sitting in 4th, but about 20 points back of the leader. Not throwing in the towel yet, but also not sure if I can realistically make a run. I looked at Kershaw because right now he's about the only commodity I can move that might bring back help in multiple catagories.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

scaci wrote:
da_big_kid_94 wrote:Hey guy. Welcome back.

Thanks for the thoughts Kid. Currently sitting in 4th, but about 20 points back of the leader. Not throwing in the towel yet, but also not sure if I can realistically make a run. I looked at Kershaw because right now he's about the only commodity I can move that might bring back help in multiple catagories.
I agree ...but for 2012 or 2013?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams