Uribe & Ricky weeks

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Uribe & Ricky weeks

#1 Post by viper »

10 team, NL only, no bench, standard 5 categories

Uribe is expected to come off the DL today. I am trying to upgrade my catching position by trading him. I have until June 24 to activate him or he goes into the free agent pool. In this league he is 2B, 3B, MI, CO & UT eligible.

I currently have:
2B: Rickie Weeks
3B: Alex Ramirez
CO: Chase Headley
MI: Jose Altuve
UT: Willie Bloomquist.

I currently has 10s in RBI & Runs, 7 in HR, 8 in SB and move between a 9 & 6 in average depending on the day.

The only place I see Uribe as a possible improvement is - and this is hard to say - Rickie Weeks.

For the rest of the way, would you go with Weeks or Uribe?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Uribe & Ricky weeks

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Not expecting Uribe to last long or contribute much when he returns, so I would keep Weeks

tybs

#3 Post by tybs »

I agree with Hook. The Uribe train left the station a long time ago. Weeks is a proven hitter who should get better.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

I agree about keeping Weeks but wondered if others concurred. As far as being a proven hitter who should get better, I think every Adam Dunn owner from last year said those same words. They were right about getting better but off by about 9 months.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer