Thoughts on Quentin

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Thoughts on Quentin

#1 Post by tybs »

He's a FA in a 12 team, 5x5, non HTH roto league. Obviously he's off to a great start but that was at Wrigley. Petco is a different animal. His schedule thru All Star Break is 6 @ home vs. AZ and SF, 9 on road vs. MIL, SEA, OAK, 6 @ home vs. TEX and SEA, 9 on road vs. HOU, COL, AZ, 4 @ home vs. CIN. 16 games at Petco and 6 road games @ SEA and OAK are tough.

What do you expect from him the rest of the season in the power categories (HR, RBI)? I can afford to take the slight hit in BA and I'm fine in SB so his lack of speed doesn't matter. He also has never played a full season, but hopefully he's gotten this years injury out of the way already. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

tybs

Re: Thoughts on Quentin

#2 Post by tybs »

I forgot to mention that my drop would be Boesch or Seager. I had high hopes for Boesch on draft night, but he has been a big disappointment and he's showing no signs of picking it up. Seager was a waiver wire add and although not a star, has contributed in multiple categories and has 3 position eligibility.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I owned him for 5 years and frustrating and streaky are the two adjectives that come to mind. For a guy with an excellent batting eye, his BA stinks. He's going from two hitter's parks (US Cellular and Bank One) to the death valley of Petco AND 12 games in Oakland Seattle and Frisco. I think he'll hit double digit HR but many of them are going to be of the bases empty variety.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

While I agree with kid that he has always been and will be a steaky hitter, I am not as worried about the park effect.

Don't forget that while he plays games in SF and OAK, he plays as many games in COL
As for the games being in Wrigley the second game the wind was actually blowing straight in which should have prevented more home runs - but obviously it didn't much.

I would definitely try and add him but I suspect that someone will go nuts after the four home runs early this week (who knows what happens this weekend before bids) and pay more than I am willling to