Roy Halladay WTF?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
AllstonRockCity

Roy Halladay WTF?

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Anyone know why he left after 2 innings today? I'm at work and just saw the boxscore on my phone.

I was going to post anyway after he gave up 4 earnies in the 1st but this takes it to a whole new level.

I mean, a DL stint has to be next right?

Captain Hook

Re: Roy Halladay WTF?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

wire services say undisclosed injury but speculation is that on very hot day it may be another sun/heat related instance (left game in Chicago for same thing).................have to wonder if both are illness related

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Right shoulder soreness (RotoWorld)...ruh roh. Not stiffness ....soreness.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

....blurb on Halladay from cbs

Roy Halladay, SP, PHI
"News: Philadelphia starting pitcher Roy Halladay left Sunday's game against St. Louis as a precaution after experiencing right shoulder soreness, the team announced. Halladay was pulled after two innings and is expected to be re-evaluated early this week, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. He surrendered four runs -- all on a grand slam by Yadier Molina -- and four hits as he matched the second-shortest outing of his prolific career. Halladay also issued a walk, but did not record a strikeout for the first time this year before departing.

Analysis: Halladay's shortest outing was two-thirds of an inning Sept. 10, 2006, at Anaheim when he was with Toronto, but he has remained a workhorse with the Phillies. The right-hander entered Sunday's outing having completed at least seven innings in all but two of his previous 10 starts. But he labored through the first inning and threw 26 pitches -- 36 total -- as temperatures reached 90 degrees at game time. Fantasy owners should monitor his status for Week 9 (May 28-June 3) as his availability for his next start Saturday against Miami is uncertain at this point."