D.Mastroianni and X.Avery

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

D.Mastroianni and X.Avery

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Does anyone have any knowledge about these two? I am looking to grab some speed after loosing Nunez to the minors last week (10 team AL only). Found a write up from Rob about Avery (below), but there is nothing out there on Mastroianni. Both look like starters at least for this week. With Reimold/Chavez both on the DL Avery should see a decent amount of ABs, although there are a lot of moving pieces in Bal between LF/3B/2B/1B. I only became aware of Mastroianni by looking at mlbdepthcharts starting OFs for each team. I immediately became intrigued after looking up his minors stats as he looks like he has a decent approach at the plate and also some speed.

Pulled from Rob's piece on potential impact OF minor leaguers:
Finally, Avery has some gap power and is the youngest of the three at just 22 years of age, but has the worst approach at the plate of the group. So in synopsis, Angle is perhaps the most likely to make an impact as a backup player while Avery has the most upside.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Captain Hook

Re: D.Mastroianni and X.Avery

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

The fact you are even considering them suggests your league must have very deep benches thus making almost anyone playing even part time have some value

Curious who you would be replacing with either?

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Re: D.Mastroianni and X.Avery

#3 Post by Kelly_Leak »

It's 10 team AL only with 5 reserve spots and 5 DL spots. I ended up grabbing both for $1 ($100 total FAAB budget) as I had Reynolds to DL and Eduardo Nunez to release. They are both sitting on my bench this week. Hoping one (or both) stick around for a bit. I am hurting in the SB department and have been hoping to find something in the FA pile.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy