Thoughts on Gaby?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
bxm701

Thoughts on Gaby?

#1 Post by bxm701 »

Masters,

Can I have some input on Gaby that isn't "he's boring".

Truth is, boring Gaby looks like the best player on my wire by far should he be the player he's been for the past 2 years.

Do we see him as returning to form soon or having an off year (note: my league counts TB not HR).

Thanks all.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Thoughts on Gaby?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sanchez is a bit of an enigma as every single indicator is indicating bad things -- there is not one thing to hag your hat on. Often, you can point to a slumping player being "unlucky", but Gaby's K-rate is up, his BB-rate is down and his line drive rate is way down, as well as HR/FB.

You almost have to wonder if he is hurt.

On the plus side is two solid years of consistently bori....I mean solid numbers.

Sanchez is part of a discussion revolving around an ESPN Insider piece I did as i am taking some serious slack for saying there are scenarios I would prefer Sanchez over Bryan LaHair. Even though every single study I have seen demonstrate that a player's recent performance is not an indicator of how we will do short or long term, I would have a hard time playing Sanchez if I had any reasonable alternative. In 10-team leagues, he is droppable, in 15-team leagues, you have to keep him, but maybe nit play him. In between depends on the alternatives.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Mickey4081

Re: Thoughts on Gaby?

#3 Post by Mickey4081 »

You must have some serious dead weight to scoop Sanchez up. Although his previous 2 seasons were fairly solid, his numbers right now are just plain disgusting. He's nothing more than low end CI option with upper teens power at best. Curious to know who you'll be releasing to get Sanchez. It may be worth your while but you cannot insert him in your lineup right now.