Middlebrooks

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Big Mike

Middlebrooks

#1 Post by Big Mike »

I'm a Youk owner in a 20-teamer. What do we expect from Middlebrooks if activated today?

Captain Hook

Re: Middlebrooks

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Middlebrooks has been an excellent hitter in the minor leagues with very good defense and a strong arm at third base. Clearly the 3rd baseman of the future for the Red Sox I just don't know how many at bats he will get this year for Boston.

BTW he was NOT added to the active roster - just asked to be there as an option (although that may have changed since I read transactions this morning and now)

The problem for you even if your league has a DL spot is knowing whether he will play (at least a little) IF Youk is NOT DLed. But in keeper leagues he is a must grab if not already owned as a minor leaguer

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Okay while the transaction is not yet on MLB.com here is an update from KFFL

Boston Red Sox 3B Will Middlebrooks will make his debut with the team Wednesday, May 2, in place of injured 3B Kevin Youkilis (back).

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

and..............

Kevin Youkilis (back) will need at least another 4-5 days before he can play, and the Red Sox are considering placing him on the disabled list.

Youkilis is dealing with an irritated joint in lower back. The Sox are calling up top prospect Will Middlebrooks to fill in at the hot corner, so they could just decide to have him take Youkilis' spot. Either way, it sounds like we won't see him until next week at the earliest.
May. 2 - 4:23 p.m. ET

Source: Scott Lauber on Twitter

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#5 Post by CubFan »

With the likelihood of him being sent back down when Youk comes off the DL next week will be interesting to see what this Sunday's FAAB will be, especially for the Longoria owner in our league.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -