Tomlin or Duffy

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Tomlin or Duffy

#1 Post by viper »

Obviously this is an AL-only league because in no other league would someone have both on a league best pitching staff [well, I have 10/10 in both ERA & WHIP].

Anyway, both Broxton and Downs are available. I have 7 SPs with Balfour and Thornton for saves. I plan to bid on Broxton with a contingency for Downs.

The league is 5x5 with IP replacing Ks.

To me this is a coin toss and there is no real guarantee I will win Broxton or Downs. Still I am open to suggestions. My bid has to be in by the bewitching hour in the East Coast.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance,
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Tomlin or Duffy

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

confused :?

So it the Tomlin or Duffy question which one to jettison for the reliever?

Is so I want to get rid of Tomlin and pin my hopes on Duffy's upside because Tomlin doesn't have any