Pujols and Bautista...

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Macca11
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Mixed 5x5 redraft.

Pujols and Bautista...

#1 Post by Macca11 »

... were my insurance for slow starts by my risky outfield purchases (Heisey, Mayberry etc).
Now suffering hitting meltdown.
I know, patience, patience. But if Albert and Jose (who are obviously untradeable at the moment. Never get fair value) don't start turning into themselves soon, I will surely have to trade away some pitching (which I have been more than happy with) for some outfield hitting.
My question, Mastersballers, is who would you ditch first - Mayberry, Heisey, Bourjos? Or should I keep the faith and hold on. How likely is a heating-up for them?
It comes to something when you are looking for Carlos Quentin to come off the DL to be the salvation of your outfield.
Team in sig below. 14-team 5x5 mixed daily redraft league.
14-team mixed 5x5 redraft auction league.
Hitters: C1 Y Molina C2 J Montero 1b A Pujols 2b D Espinosa SS A Ramirez MI1 O Infante MI2 Daniel Murphy 3b J Bautista CI C Headley UT1 J Mayberry Jr UT2 C Gentry OF1 M Cuddyer OF2 C Quentin OF3 D Viciedo OF4 R Davis OF5 G Blanco.

Pitchers:
SP1 J Weaver SP2 CJ Wilson SP3 J Cueto SP4 B Beachy P1 D Hudson P2 E Frieri RP1 M Adams RP2 S Casilla RP3 A Chapman RP4 J Broxton.
Bench: G Richards (P), I Nova (P), D Gee (P), B Roberts (2b).

Captain Hook

Re: Pujols and Bautista...

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

First - deep breath, chill pill and remember we are just past 10% of the season....................LOTS of games to be played.

Albert and Joey Bats will be fine

Mayberry seems like the guy to walk the plank......Bourjos might not be far behind (especially since the Angels if anyone turned on the bulb could just flip him with Trout)

BUT who is on the replacement list?

Macca11
Major League Regular

#3 Post by Macca11 »

Possibles from: Moreland, Carp, Brantley, C Gomez (could platoon him with Morgan), Kotchman, Viciedo and Seth Smith.
Hitters: C1 Y Molina C2 J Montero 1b A Pujols 2b D Espinosa SS A Ramirez MI1 O Infante MI2 Daniel Murphy 3b J Bautista CI C Headley UT1 J Mayberry Jr UT2 C Gentry OF1 M Cuddyer OF2 C Quentin OF3 D Viciedo OF4 R Davis OF5 G Blanco.

Pitchers:
SP1 J Weaver SP2 CJ Wilson SP3 J Cueto SP4 B Beachy P1 D Hudson P2 E Frieri RP1 M Adams RP2 S Casilla RP3 A Chapman RP4 J Broxton.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Macca11 wrote:Possibles from: Moreland, Carp, Brantley, C Gomez (could platoon him with Morgan), Kotchman, Viciedo and Seth Smith.
Only Brantley is a full time player from that group

Seth Smith would be second choice

I liked Carp coming into the season but he is just now going on a rehab assignment and I don't know what his playing time will be when he actually arrives in Seattle - although they do need his power once he gets his swing on track

Please advise if you are looking for categorical help or just the best OF for now

Macca11
Major League Regular

#5 Post by Macca11 »

Thanks Perry. I could try being even more patient (at least you've talked me back down off the ledge!) and go with Carp if he's likely to be the best long-term solution. The way my season has started, power is the missing ingredient.

Pitchers:

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

Macca11 wrote:Thanks Perry. I could try being even more patient (at least you've talked me back down off the ledge!) and go with Carp if he's likely to be the best long-term solution. The way my season has started, power is the missing ingredient.
Assuming he plays full time once he is settled back in Carp (who I expect will play LF or DH every day...could play some 1B as well) will be a 20+ HR guy and for power is the best from that group

Mickey4081

#7 Post by Mickey4081 »

You don't think you'd get fair value for Pujols or Bautista? I would think you should still be able to get full value if you decided to hit the panic button and put those two out there for a trade. You'd get full value from me! I think the same thinking applies here in that you really shouldn't pay too much attention to your leaue standings as well as your player stats.

I sure wish I had a slumping Pujols over just about any other player. :D

Macca11
Major League Regular

#8 Post by Macca11 »

Fair point, Mickey. I am going to need Albert and Bautista, just trying to find some hitting to go along with them when they remember who they are. If only one or two of my other hitters were picking up some slack!

Pitchers: