Carl Crawford visits Dr. James Andrews

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

Carl Crawford visits Dr. James Andrews

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Yikes!

Dr. Andrews is never a name you want to hear mentioned in the same sentence as one of your players. Now I personally didn't draft Crawford ANYWHERE this year. Although I did come close in more than one instance as he tumbled down draft boards as the preseason progressed. Still - I resisted biting this time.

This obviously isn't good news for those who did take a chance on a him though. Usually we hear Dr. Andrews name mentioned with regards to elbow injuries for pitchers. As most of you know, he is know as the premier choice for Tommy John elbow surgeries. If Crawford needs the surgery - he'll be done for the year.

Cody Ross and Marlon Byrd (along with Ryan Sweeney) look like they will all be locked into the starting lineup for the forseeable future.

Darnell McDonald remains as the 4OF. Lars Anderson was just promoted from AAA to provide depth as he can play both OF and 1B. He figures to see a spot start or two and is a likely pinch hitter late in games.

My dark-horse is Ryan Lavarnway. I own him in the CBS AL-ONLY league, so I could use a call-up for him, but he is hitting well down in AAA and I think the Sox will turn to him soon to help inject more offense into the lineup.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Re: Carl Crawford visits Dr. James Andrews

#2 Post by CubFan »

Cringed when I read that yesterday. More pt for Ross and Byrd. No mention of Kalish? I know he's not ready now but I think/hope he will figure into the equation sometime in June. Yes, I have a vested interest. :D

Do you really think scoring runs is the Sox problem. Seems to me that with the exception of Beckett (jury still out on Bard) their SP has been suspect and their bullpen has been a disaster. I think they need arms and is why they have reached out to Oswalt. And they are even desperate enough to be thinking of bringing up Aaron Cook, who is not a swing and miss kind of guy. Not a good skill set when pitching in the AL East.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -