Justin Upton headed to DL?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

Justin Upton headed to DL?

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Justin Upton is headed for an MRI on his jammed left thumb and a DL stint is a possibility at this point.

He has been struggling so far and as an owner in a couple places I am hoping this isn't that serious.

Captain Hook

Re: Justin Upton headed to DL?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

From what they have said in the local papers it is not serious but he needs to rest it (assuming the MRI doesn't say anything bad) I have no idea why early in the year they didn't let him rest it more - they don't need him now (especially while he is scuffling - let Parra get some well deserved at bats) but they will need him later

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Well - Parra will be in the lineup for sure now after Chris Young's collision with the OF wall. He is going for an MRI on his shoulder today. They are calling it a bruise and the best case would be missing 3-4 games I think.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

deansdaddy wrote:Well - Parra will be in the lineup for sure now after Chris Young's collision with the OF wall. He is going for an MRI on his shoulder today. They are calling it a bruise and the best case would be missing 3-4 games I think.

VERY optomistic there Ryan..... :D You don't own him somewhere do you?

PS readers - go get A.J. Pollock - already recalled for the Geof Blum DL

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Perry right on the money with Pollock call. He's starting today in CF. Young heading to the DL.

Parra getting the start in LF in place of Upton.

deansdaddy

#6 Post by deansdaddy »

J-Up made it back into the lineup today so owners can breathe a sigh of relief.