add lorenzo cain to drop who?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

add lorenzo cain to drop who?

#1 Post by daweasle »

In a relatively deep 16 team mixed league - my out field is kinda sucky and a guy just dropped lorenzo cain.

I can use the #6 waiver priority to pick him and be pretty certain I will get him - does he provide a significant upgrade over any of these jokers? (and is it significant enough to waste #6 waiver priority)

1. OF Alex Rios
2. OF Soriano
3. OF Jason Bay
4. OF Angel Pagan
5. OF Josh Reddick
6. UT Kyle Seager
7. UT Neil Walker

If so - which guy should I drop?

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: add lorenzo cain to drop who?

#2 Post by Black Sox »

I'd drop Reddick for Cain. I'd rather Cain's upside.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Can't disagree with Reddick. Oakland OF is very crowded and Reddick showing again he tends to get injured. I second that move.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

I hold off for now. With Cain to the DL (Groin pulls and hamstring injuries are known in our leagues as Lingering Rickeys), you need to see how a guy whose game is driven by his wheels recuperates. I own Cain in an AL only as well ...I like his potential ...but he really hasn't proven anything yet.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#5 Post by Black Sox »

Problem with waiting is others won't. IMO I don't think at the end of the day I'd sit back and regret that I "lost" Reddick. I'd simply move on. It's a low cost/risk high reward move.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Black Sox wrote:Problem with waiting is others won't. IMO I don't think at the end of the day I'd sit back and regret that I "lost" Reddick. I'd simply move on. It's a low cost/risk high reward move.
That's true ...but if others are willing to gamble on a legs guy with either a groin pull or hammy, no reason it should be incumbent on anyone to do likewise.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams