Customize for my player pool

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
91OSUAlum

Customize for my player pool

#1 Post by 91OSUAlum »

How do I customize CRV for my custom pool? Do I just delete the players from the set up tab? What about on the other tabs?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Customize for my player pool

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

#1 DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING - it may seem trite, but to erase players, use CLEAR CONTENTS. The DELETE function will interfere with the calculations

#2 Please post your league specs and format and I will work you through it
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

91OSUAlum

#3 Post by 91OSUAlum »

It is just the number of teams. We are using std 5x5 roto but our player pool is customized...

We have all the NL teams plus NYY, BOS, TEX and DET. In years past, this is what I used the CRV for was to get values that matched my player pool.

Based on what you said, sounds like I need to clear contents on those players outside of my player pool. If that is correct, then I think I am good to go.

For a std 4x4 league, do I even need to do CRV?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

How many teams are in your 4x4 league?

For the non-standard pool, you can either clear contents of the teams not in your pool (sorting by team will facilitate this) and run the pool as MIXED or change the league designation to N for NYY, BOS, TEX and DET and run NL only.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

91OSUAlum

#5 Post by 91OSUAlum »

Todd,

Great idea on changing to NL. I did that and it is much faster.

FOr the NL 4x4, it is a 12 team league.

91OSUAlum

#6 Post by 91OSUAlum »

Todd,

Confused on the Hitting CVRC...

Tells me to set up the hitting percentage at 65% but on the pitching one, it says to use 69%.

Also has a 2nd tab on how to customize the player pool? Isn't that what I am doing when I change the teams to NL...

When I fill out the player pool on the League Set UP tab, is that the number of overall players at each position or the number that is going to be drafted...

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Most leagues nowadays are 69% hitting, 31% pitching -- that is my suggestion unless you know the league is different.

The CVRC is different than in past seasons - once you get the hang of it, it is actually easier and better.

I'm not sure what directions you are using, but the best thing to do is ignore anything else and just do exactly as it describes on the Player Pool Set Up Page

In words, this is the process.

The first step is to determine the players in the draft-worthy pool. It is a foregone conclusion that you will need to bring catchers into the draft-worthy pool so that is done from the beginning. Everyone else is made to be an outfielder (done automatically by the "two-pools" designation).

The CVRC then counts up how many of each position are in the draft-worthy pool. You then check to make sure there are enough (there should be ample 1B and 3B to cover CI and ample 2B and SS to cover MI, etc.)

If there ARE NOT enough, the CVRC explains how to make the numbers correct.

You then enter that number into C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and OF. This number will cover CI, MI and UT - that is YOU DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING INTO CI/MI/UT.

You then change the pool to force positions and this makes the lowest player at each position to be $1.

Sometimes it is easier to work this through over the phone -- shoot me a PM if you want to set up a call.