NL Only Keeper Advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

NL Only Keeper Advice

#1 Post by daweasle »

Ok last one of these crazy super high inflation leagues

Here's my list - I can keep 15 players - I have 10 that are no doubters and then I have to widdle down the last 5. please help

Sure fire can't convince me not to keep them:
1 C Brian McCann 8
2 1B Gaby Sanchez 7
3 3B Ryan Zimmerman 15
4 SS Jose Reyes 8
5 MI Ian Desmond 7
6 OF Jay Bruce 7
7 P Rafael Betancourt 15
8 P Chris Carpenter 2
9 P John Axford 15
10 P Tim Lincecum 8

need to pick the best 5 from these guys:
C J Lucroy 7
OF Logan Morrison 8
P Carlos Zambrano 7
P Kevin Correia 1
OF Ryan Ludwick 9
OF Chris Heisey 7
P Sean Burnett 1
P Vance Worley 15
C Chris Snyder 10
OF Willie Harris 1
P Cliff Lee 56

Captain Hook

Re: NL Only Keeper Advice

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

CAN keep 15? or HAVE to keep 15?

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by daweasle »

can keep 15 but again - it's not required.

but the guys available on auction day are pretty scarce. (10 team NL ONLY - approx 145 players kept plus alot of the biggest named prospects and younger players are on peoples farm system)

Let's say there are 190 fantasy relevent players in the NL - 145 are kept and 20 are on farm teams - so there are only 25-30 good guys available on auction day. I have so much value from my other players - I could keep a couple guys at budget (even though they are not values) just to ensure I have guys to fill the box scores - vice getting in a bidding war for the same players during the auction.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

daweasle wrote:can keep 15 but again - it's not required.

but the guys available on auction day are pretty scarce. (10 team NL ONLY - approx 145 players kept plus alot of the biggest named prospects and younger players are on peoples farm system)

Let's say there are 190 fantasy relevent players in the NL - 145 are kept and 20 are on farm teams - so there are only 25-30 good guys available on auction day. I have so much value from my other players - I could keep a couple guys at budget (even though they are not values) just to ensure I have guys to fill the box scores - vice getting in a bidding war for the same players during the auction.

Well I don't agree with the above but hard to say what I would do without knowing roster configurations, starting lineup requirements, farm player set up, etc.