Mark Trumbo

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Mark Trumbo

#1 Post by aburt19 »

Has anyone heard anything about Trumbo's defense at 3B? I saw one report that he made a nice diving catch, but that's
a play that he had to make at 1B. The things I question is range and handling bunts. His value is largely dependent on how
much time he can log at 3B, so in his case defense does make a difference.

Thanks for any insight that you are able to provide.

deansdaddy

Re: Mark Trumbo

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

I have him in AL Only - so I am tracking this as well. From what I've read he is making nice strides defensively, and has shown enough there to at least claim a share of the PT at 3B. Morales health helps also in the short term. The Angels look like they will find ways to get his bat in the lineup even on days when he doesn't start at 3B. I think at this point you should plan on 3-5 starts a week and hope he hits well and forces more playing time.

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#3 Post by aburt19 »

Thanks. Within the last couple of days there was a report that the Angels were happy with his progress on defense and that as a result,
he might exceed the 30-40 games that it was originally thought he would start at 3B.

Whether that is just manager speak is debatable, but hopefully it is a positive sign. In a 10 team AL auction, I decided he
was worth the risk and rostered him at 1B. I'd be thrilled if he gets enough playing time to make the projection.

RandyKutcherHair

#4 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Even is Trumbo isn't named the starter at 3b I'd expect him to still get at bats. Scioscia is always moving guys around in his infield.