Tiers of Starting Pitching 2012

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Tiers of Starting Pitching 2012

#1 Post by CubFan »

Anyone hear if Bodhizefa is doing his annual Tiers on Starting Pitching? Always found them very informative and aided me in draft prep.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

deansdaddy

Re: Tiers of Starting Pitching 2012

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

If my memory serves me I beleive he posted last years report over at draftbuddy.com and then started a thread here linking to it. Have no idea if he is doing it this year I but that would seem a logical first place to look for them. I am sure he'll post something here at some point if he has them.

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by CubFan »

Saw that when I did a search on MB's archive. Went to draftbuddy.com but saw nothing new.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

he's been more active on rotojunkie lately (rjbullpen.com) - I'm sure someone there will be inquiring soon enough
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

schlesinj

#5 Post by schlesinj »

Forgive me for speaking for Bods, but I believe last year Bods did not do it and said that he did not have time. I would recommend the Baseball By Paul SP Guide and he expected his completed shortly. http://www.paulsporer.com .

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

schlesinj wrote:Forgive me for speaking for Bods, but I believe last year Bods did not do it and said that he did not have time. I would recommend the Baseball By Paul SP Guide and he expected his completed shortly. http://www.paulsporer.com .
I'll second that suggestion.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by CubFan »

Thanks for the suggestion and link. I'll take a look at that site. There is just so much information out there today that I try to pick and choose from those whose work I respect and come to rely on. That's why I keep coming back to this site.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

CubFan wrote:Thanks for the suggestion and link. I'll take a look at that site. There is just so much information out there today that I try to pick and choose from those whose work I respect and come to rely on. That's why I keep coming back to this site.
While I usually do not agree 100% with Paul's or Bod's rankings and analysis, they lay it out there for you, offering their reasoning, giving you a chance to agree or disagree, as opposed to just posting a list with a more biographical or anecdotal profile like you may see elsewhere.

Mickey4081

#9 Post by Mickey4081 »

Todd Zola wrote:
CubFan wrote:Thanks for the suggestion and link. I'll take a look at that site. There is just so much information out there today that I try to pick and choose from those whose work I respect and come to rely on. That's why I keep coming back to this site.
While I usually do not agree 100% with Paul's or Bod's rankings and analysis, they lay it out there for you, offering their reasoning, giving you a chance to agree or disagree, as opposed to just posting a list with a more biographical or anecdotal profile like you may see elsewhere.

I feel the same way about you guys Todd. :lol:

Polka

#11 Post by Polka »

I always have to look half of these goodies up once I get home from work because the Government thinks they can filter my Championships!!!! Never...found the awesome Masersball and that's untouched and a few other gems....keep up the great work guys!!!!
I love down days where 3 to 4 good, solid hours of tax payer money feeds my addiction of Fantasy Sports!!!

Polka

#12 Post by Polka »

Mastersball.....sorry my bad

SeaDogStat
Double-A
Preferred Style: Auction 4x4 & 5x5

#13 Post by SeaDogStat »

FYI, Paul posted his tiers on his website...

http://paulsporer.com/2012/03/14/the-20 ... her-guide/

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#14 Post by Black Sox »

SeaDogStat wrote:
FYI, Paul posted his tiers on his website...

http://paulsporer.com/2012/03/14/the-20 ... her-guide/
I haven't been able to find his ranks/tiers only the guide :(
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

CubFan
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by CubFan »

Paul's Guide mentions the tiers/stats will be coming at a later date. He did not say when.

C - Garver $4
UT -
Bench -

captgus
Major League Veteran

#16 Post by captgus »

I noticed a tweet where he mentions early part of this week, Tue/Wed.
"How can we go on a beer run when we don't have any beer left?"

The General, Spring 1991