should I make this NL only trade

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
FBP

should I make this NL only trade

#1 Post by FBP »

NL only keeper league; 10 teams (15 offensive players; 10 pitchers); 280 cap; expected 30% inflation

A team in need for power has been trying to get Soriano from me. I have him at $10B (second year of 3 year contract). I have been offered various iterations involivng Romo who is at $1B and McGahee or Santana (both at $2B).
I have been reluctant to trade Soriano for a middle releiver, a guy coming off of the DL or a platoon player but thought I would test my attitude/views. Would a trade of Soriano for all 3 of of McGahee, Romo and Santana be worthwhile. I doubt that I would keep all three. We keep 13 and my keeper list is as follows:

1. Walker $1F/6B*
2. J. Garcia $5F/10B*
3. Hanrahan $5F/10B
4. Goldschmidt $5B
5. Molina $5B
6. ARam $22B
7. Stauffer $3B
8. Infante $5F
9. Ruiz $3F
10. Soriano $10B
11. Pomeranz $3B
12. LaHair $2B
13. Bogusevic $1B

I also have Huff at $6F

Should I do the trade, and if so how would the players slot into my keeper list?

Captain Hook

Re: should I make this NL only trade

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I wouldn't make the trade - it does NOT gain anything for you.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by SteveB »

The only thing i would say about it is i agree with Perry here on the current value. The only way i make the trade is if you think a few things are likely.....

1) wilson has a setback...watch closely he threw at full strength and all early signs look good but this would be the time that you would start hearing grumblings
2)it looks like Santana is going to be ok this year...i dont see it his velcoity is no where near major league ready but i am sure we will get more details as we get closer.
3)you think Soriano is going to get traded. I think its likely he does at some point this year but you never know.

So if your waffling about Soriano and arent planning on keeping him anyways then go ahead and gamble if you think its likely one of scenarios happens.

Polka

#4 Post by Polka »

Statistacally Romo was the the best pitcher in Baseball last season, and has flat out wicked periphials....I'd consider it for him in a second if you get Holds, or need to lower your Whip/Era and want to raise yout k/9 ratio...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by daweasle »

with the lack of power bats in the NL I think soriano is more valuable than you give him credit for. Even if he only hits 23 HR with 80-85 RBI - that's more than most people will get from their 1B in NL ONLY

Now if you factor in the possibility he could be moved this season - it may decrease his value to zero by july 31 - (if he were traded to AL team) but if he hits you 14 HR and 50 RBI by then - he's already earned 75% of the $10 you spent on him.