Question on Start

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Question on Start

#1 Post by aburt19 »

I may be wrong, but I think that on the hitters page on START the headings at the top of the column for runs and RBI got
switched. For example, it shows Jacoby Ellsbuty with 93 RBI and 50 runs. I'm sure that was meant to be 93 runs and 50 RBI.
I don't know whether that error carries over to the standings.

Also, just a note on a couple of players that are not on either START or the projections. These were just a couple that I
noticed (it's possible that there are others). The two that I noticed is that Greg Zaun is not listed. He was signed by
Baltimore and will at least have some AB, although I can't comment on how many or how effective they are. The second
is Looper. I think he is still a free agent, but since other free agents are listed on the projections I figure he just got
omitted.

Thanks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Question on Start

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes, the R and RBI are switched, I will correct that. It won't affect 5x5 standings, but obviously will affect 4x4.

Both Looper and Zaun should have been in this update, I will check.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

OK, I know what I did, I will have the correct files to the home office this evening. I wouldn't worry about Zaun and Looper in mixed leagues, they will fall below replacement level and will not affect the numbers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

as I recall, there was a switch in runs and RBIs last year at first.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Yes, and I used that same template to program the upgrade. This will be corrected.

rotonut

#6 Post by rotonut »

The START tool is eerily similar to a tool that I programed about 10 years ago that my wife affectionately termed the Super Spreadsheet. Programming it was time consuming, so much so that I stopped doing it a few years ago. So I'm glad I can lean on MB's tool!