Manuel Musings

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
cwk1963

Manuel Musings

#1 Post by cwk1963 »

Jerry Manuel has said he's looking for "ways of maximizing the potential of second baseman Luis Castillo" and might bat him leadoff with Beltran 2nd and Reyes in the 3 hole - a spot he's never batted in. I would think this would limit Jose's SB potential and since he's not a 20 HR guy at this point, really drop his value. I would think Mets fans are screaming even more for management's head with this news.

rotonut

Re: Manuel Musings

#2 Post by rotonut »

cwk1963 wrote:Jerry Manuel has said he's looking for "ways of maximizing the potential of second baseman Luis Castillo" and might bat him leadoff with Beltran 2nd and Reyes in the 3 hole - a spot he's never batted in. I would think this would limit Jose's SB potential and since he's not a 20 HR guy at this point, really drop his value. I would think Mets fans are screaming even more for management's head with this news.
I'd chalk this up to "noise." The Mets are locked into an awful contract, so this may be a ploy to either motivate him or trade him. I'd guess the later.