Yahoo League questions

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Yahoo League questions

#1 Post by viper »

First off, I have no intentions to play a free Yahoo League but I have some questions about them.

1. Can you set up a free 14 team private league.
2. If so, can one owner have more than one team.
3. If so, can you pick and choose categories and positional eligibility requirements

I am joining a rather unique 14 team league. The stats are done the old school way - by hand by the commissioner.

I would like to set up a shadow league to track the stats and, more importantly, track all player's positional eligibility.

I plan to post something on this league this week but the unique aspects of it are
1. One hitting category - the sum of Runs & RBIs
2. One Starting pitching category - 3 * Wins
3. One Closer pitching category - wins & saves
3. 10 game last year eligibility and 10 game in-season eligibility.

I'm looking for a free site that I can keep some numbers.

Suggestions are gratefully accepted.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: Yahoo League questions

#2 Post by Black Sox »

Mike,

Couple of ideas don't know that they really help.

Non sarcastic answer - You would need to use/pay for the commish feature on a stat's site, no site I know of will allow you to have that many customizable catagories for free. Even though you won't be able to duplicate the league, I'd still set up a 5x5 mirror league. I know ESPN will let you enter teams and rosters, however position eligiability is still done by there default.

Sarcastic answer - Tell the commish that we live in 2012, and there is no need to wait for the tues/wed edition of the USA today for all of last weeks baseball stats, so that he can break out the calculator and pen/paper to do league standings. Stop being cheap, have every team kick in an extra $20 and use a stat service that will probably have live stats and no possible human error. :lol:
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

my understanding is that the results from the prior week and this weeks current lineup are out by noon Monday.

I need to post on the leagues and it's unusual setup and several clever rules. That is now next on my agenda.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#4 Post by Tampa Bob »

Mike, I tried this a couple of years ago and found that Yahoo would not allow me to run multiple teams off of a single computer. Rotowire might and it's pretty reasonably priced.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

captgus
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by captgus »

Tampa Bob wrote:Mike, I tried this a couple of years ago and found that Yahoo would not allow me to run multiple teams off of a single computer. Rotowire might and it's pretty reasonably priced.
It would take some work and be very tedious but it could be accomplished by deleting cookies.
"How can we go on a beer run when we don't have any beer left?"

The General, Spring 1991

viper
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by viper »

Tampa Bob wrote:Mike, I tried this a couple of years ago and found that Yahoo would not allow me to run multiple teams off of a single computer. Rotowire might and it's pretty reasonably priced.
If I was the commissioner of the league, wouldn't I be able to change lineups. I can find 13 others to "officially" be the owner.

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer