Source for news about players

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Source for news about players

#1 Post by shif6 »

I am looking for a quality source for daily news of fantasy relevance about players that is not cluttered with information that can be found in the box scores. This would include injuries (and likely replacements) and being dropped or moved up in the lineup etc. I dislike rotowire and rotoworld because so much of the information is box score information. I think KFFL may suffer from this, but at least it does not include the sophomoric commentary found at rotoworld or rotowire (though the latter is far better in my view). Any suggestions?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Source for news about players

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I understand the disdain for the commentary, though I think Rotowire's is fine, but I don't think there is an all-encompassing "nuts and bolts" source out there. You just need to filter out the commentary and focus on the news.

I am curious to see how mlbdepthcharts does things as they are bridging into fantasy, but they are also bridging into a pay model (though not very pricey).

I suspect that there are some out there that have set up there own mini-news service by following certain people on Twitter and Facebook (which is how the news sites get their info nowadays).
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Have to agree with Todd here - there just isn't one source that will give you everything you want to know. You just have to search around and find the ones you like in terms of breaking news, playing time, etc.

If you are looking for a twitter list to follow - I have what I think is a pretty good one set up on my account. Here is a link to the list:

https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey/fantasy-baseball - I keep adding and subtracting people that I like to follow - but the list is a mix of some of the better content providers out there in terms of fantasy as well as some straight reporters who just break straight baseball news. I usually give it a quick look once or twice a day to see if someone has posted an new article etc. that I may have missed - a quicker way to browse for stuff that clicking through bookmarks for me.

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by daweasle »

I like fantasysp.com and fantasyalarm.com and twitter of course.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

daweasle wrote:I like fantasyalarm.com.
Hold that thought.....
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord