Kuroda to Yanks

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Kuroda to Yanks

#1 Post by aburt19 »

It is also being reported that the Yankees have signed Kuroda to a one year deal. In one day, they've taken what was
a possible weak point and made it into a possible strength. CC, Pineda, Kuroda, Nova, and Hughes or Garcia isn't too bad.

TheRunner77

Re: Kuroda to Yanks

#2 Post by TheRunner77 »

Since the BoSox were also pursuing pitching, namely Kuroda, I wonder what they will now do to re-calibrate the scales.

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

While you can never have enough pitching NY certainly has a formidable rotation. And for the 1st time in many years, it also appears that they have some depth in the rotation.

The bigger impact (especially for AL only players) is that Banuelos and Betances (both of whom were thought to have a legit chance of being in the rotation at some point) are now blocked. They go from being 'impact' prospects to blocked prospects/trade bait.

The trade and this signing tell me that they have to be putting something together to make a trade for a bat. If they were smart this bat would also have some defensive capabilities as that looks to be their Achilles Heel this season. The last thing they need is a 4thOF/DH type.

Does Jorge un-retire now?? How much of that move had to do with the fact that he knew he'd be riding the pine?

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#4 Post by CubFan »

Also left Burnett out of the equation. They now have 7 starters. Is Girardi about to make history and go to a 7-man rotation? So, who are the odd men out....Hughes and Nova, Hughes and Burnett, Burnett and Garcia, Garcia and Hughes etc? I smell another trade coming. Wonder if Hughes will be the bait.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

AllstonRockCity wrote:While you can never have enough pitching NY certainly has a formidable rotation. And for the 1st time in many years, it also appears that they have some depth in the rotation.

The bigger impact (especially for AL only players) is that Banuelos and Betances (both of whom were thought to have a legit chance of being in the rotation at some point) are now blocked. They go from being 'impact' prospects to blocked prospects/trade bait.

The trade and this signing tell me that they have to be putting something together to make a trade for a bat. If they were smart this bat would also have some defensive capabilities as that looks to be their Achilles Heel this season. The last thing they need is a 4thOF/DH type.

Does Jorge un-retire now?? How much of that move had to do with the fact that he knew he'd be riding the pine?
But the blockage in front of Banuelos or Betances is only for this year - Kuroda is on a one year contract.
I actually doubt they move either excellent pitching prospect - they realize the need for them and the value of those cheap contracts to get under the luxury threshold in a year or two. They can easily add a hitter equal to what they could trade for by signing Carlos Pena.....or even Vlad

I would look for them to trade Burnett like the Cubs did with Zambrano

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Agree with the Captain ...Cashman just took all of the pressure from the press off regarding Banuelos and Betances ...and I know the rumors are abounding about Carlos Pena .... but I keep hearing a voice waaaaay off in the distances whispering "Damon .....Damon".
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:Agree with the Captain ...Cashman just took all of the pressure from the press off regarding Banuelos and Betances ...and I know the rumors are abounding about Carlos Pena .... but I keep hearing a voice waaaaay off in the distances whispering "Damon .....Damon".
According to the latest KFFL blurb, that whisper is getting closer and louder.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#8 Post by aburt19 »

Captain Hook wrote:But the blockage in front of Banuelos or Betances is only for this year - Kuroda is on a one year contract.
I actually doubt they move either excellent pitching prospect - they realize the need for them and the value of those cheap contracts to get under the luxury threshold in a year or two. They can easily add a hitter equal to what they could trade for by signing Carlos Pena.....or even Vlad

I would look for them to trade Burnett like the Cubs did with Zambrano
I would agree that they would like to trade Burnett. But given his lousy numbers over the last couple of season, the
Yankees would have to eat a lot of his contract and even then, I'm not sure they would get much for him.