For the dead horse fans - Kendrys Morales

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

For the dead horse fans - Kendrys Morales

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Someone's gonna ask sooner or later - so buyer beware;
Kendrys Morales (ankle) is doing light baseball activities, including indoor hitting and jogging.
Morales has undergone two major ankle surgeries in less than two years and will carry many question marks into spring camp. The 28-year-old old Cuban was once an elite slugger, tallying 45 homers and 147 RBI in 203 games between 2009-10, but there's no guarantee that he'll ever get back to that level. He should be nothing more than a late-round flier in fantasy leagues. Jan 3 - 1:37 PM
From Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/777/kendrys-morales

20 months and he's jogging ... not running ...jogging. In two months, camp starts. Just sayin'.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

WillRoy
Major League All-Star

Re: For the dead horse fans - Kendrys Morales

#2 Post by WillRoy »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:Someone's gonna ask sooner or later - so buyer beware;
Kendrys Morales (ankle) is doing light baseball activities, including indoor hitting and jogging.
Morales has undergone two major ankle surgeries in less than two years and will carry many question marks into spring camp. The 28-year-old old Cuban was once an elite slugger, tallying 45 homers and 147 RBI in 203 games between 2009-10, but there's no guarantee that he'll ever get back to that level. He should be nothing more than a late-round flier in fantasy leagues. Jan 3 - 1:37 PM
From Rotoworld http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/777/kendrys-morales

20 months and he's jogging ... not running ...jogging. In two months, camp starts. Just sayin'.
I can't disagree with anything you or rotoworld said. But I see that kind of story and think big upside (also consider how good he was right before the freak injury so recently). He's the kind of guy I'm glad my leaguemates sneer at. Not saying he will pan out. But as a late-round flier it's a very appealing low-risk big reward play. The kinda stuff that wins leagues. :)

The funny thing is, I think he just started jogging also...hehe.
Storrs City Chess Company