Mike Aviles, flash in the pan or for real?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
whammer
Major League Regular

Mike Aviles, flash in the pan or for real?

#1 Post by whammer »

I have a chance to acquire $7Aviles,(AL ONLY) and not sure what I am acquiring...i saw the projections, but am curious as to the gut feelings some of you have on the guy....why do i get that no one will be talking about him a year from now?

Would you trade N. Cruz for him?

any thought appreciated?

freddiebeach
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 roto

Re: Mike Aviles, flash in the pan or for real?

#2 Post by freddiebeach »

In my opinion keep Cruz. I don't think Aviles is a flash in the pan but Cruz has the real potential to be more.
Tim Comeau
Mactaquac Marauders

cwk1963

#3 Post by cwk1963 »

It really depends on your needs. What does Cruz cost? Will you be able to get a replacement for Cruz/what OF will be available?

I like both of them but I like Cruz better.

Mojo Jojo

#4 Post by Mojo Jojo »

hmmm...i can't get past the fact that nelson cruz has burned me thrice already.

much like jd drew...it is to the point where i won't ever own him again.

as for aviles, he seems to be an overacheiver at every stop. maybe this is something that motivates him and helps him to succeed at each level.

imo, aviles' determination and work ethic will never play himself out of a job...however, i think management will always be thinking of him as a placeholder until convinced otherwise. this works against him.

you can't deny that cruz has more 'potential', but if given the choice i would take aviles based on what i have seen of both in the past.