Arbitration Deadline Approaches

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

Arbitration Deadline Approaches

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

11PM Central today is he deadline for teams to offer arbitration to eligible players.

MLB Trade Rumors has a neat Tender/Non Tender Tracker app on their website that is a quick way to get a look at who gets resigned and who gets released into the wilds of free agency.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/nontenders2012

They also did some really nice work on projecting what the salaries of players would be if they receive arbitration from their clubs:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/11/p ... aries.html

Today over there I came across a Tim Dierkes post where he gives his list of players he thinks may be non-tendered. If a player is non-tendered he can become a free agent, so this list of players could give a glimpse at some names that could be on the move via trades today as teams look to beat the deadline. Some of these names (Pagan, Torres, Stewart) have already been moved. I have bolded a couple of names that stuck out for me. Ironically a bunch of A's could be on the move today as Gio Gonzalez and Andrew Bailey are among a group that have been rumored to be on the block. I'll update this list as news comes in: (edit) I am replacing the list with a shorter list of the players who have been non-tendered.

The Braves non-tendered Peter Moylan, according to Ronald Blum of the AP.
The Mets non-tendered Ronny Paulino and Mike Baxter, according to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com.
The Cardinals will non-tender Ryan Theriot, according to B.J. Rains of FOXSportsMidwest.com.
The Giants will non-tender Jeff Keppinger and Eli Whiteside, according to Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News.
The Pirates announced that they're non-tendering infielder Pedro Ciriaco and catcher Jason Jaramillo.
The Padres announced that they non-tendered Jeremy Hermida.
The Marlins non-tendered Clay Hensley, according to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post.
The Dodgers announced that they non-tendered Hong-Chih Kuo .
The Rockies announced that they non-tendered outfielders Ryan Spilborghs and Cole Garner.
The Cubs non-tendered Koyie Hill, according to MLB.com's Carrie Muskat.
The D'Backs will non-tender Joe Saunders and Micah Owings, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Arizona will try to re-sign both pitchers.
The Nationals will non-tender left-hander Doug Slaten, according to Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.
The Mariners announced that they non-tendered Dan Cortes and Chris Gimenez.
The Orioles announced that they non-tendered Willie Eyre. They non-tendered Jo-Jo Reyes and Luke Scott, who battled a shoulder injury in 2011 and underwent surgery this summer.
The Rays non-tendered Andy Sonnanstine, according to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times.
The Rangers non-tendered right-hander Fabio Castillo, according to Anthony Andro of FOXSportsSouthwest.com.
The Red Sox announced that they non-tendered Rich Hill.
The Royals announced that they will non-tender left-hander Aaron Laffey.
The Twins announced that they've non-tendered left-hander Jose Mijares (Twitter link).
The Tigers non-tendered second baseman Will Rhymes.

deansdaddy

Re: Arbitration Deadline Approaches

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Jerome Williams re-signs with the Angels for a one-year, $820,000 contract.
Alden Gonzalez of MLB.com reports that he could make an additional $120,000 based on incentives for appearances and games started.

I guess in the wake of the C.J. Wilson signing the Angels are content to let Williams and Garrett Richards battle it out for the 5th starters job.

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Luke Scott kind of interesting now that he's been non-tendered. Baltimore says it wants him back, but for less than the 6 million he was set to get in arbitration. He is coming off a season ending injury to his (right?) shoulder I could see a couple teams making a play here.

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

- A's actually sign Barton, Rosales and Powell to one year deals. No non tenders among other eligible guys: Bailey, Devine, Gio, McCarthy, Sweeney.

- Yankees will have no non-tenders: Chamberlain, Gardner, Hughes, B Logan, R Martin and D Robertson. No surprises here.

-Indians will have no non-tenders: A Cabrera, J Smith, R Perez, C Perez, Masterson, Choo and Hannahan tendered.

-Royals non tender Aaron Laffey: Getz, Gordon, Hochevar, Maier, F Paulino, B Pena and J Sanchez all tendered.

-White Sox tender C Quentin and John Danks as expected. Can't trade them if they didn't.

-Angels will tender contract to all arbitration-eligible players including 1B Kendrys Morales (via twitter)

-Blue Jays signed Jesse Litsch and D McGowan to one year deals avoiding arbitration.

-Reds will tender contracts to all eligible players: Arrendondo, Bray, Janish, Massett and Volquez (via twitter)

-

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

-Ken Rosenthal reporting that Diamonbacks will non tender Joe Saunders and Micah Owings. They plan to try to resign both. Owings should be easy, but they will very likely have at least some competition for Saunders. Getting Trevor Cahill makes it easier to walk away from the $8 million Saunders was slated to get in arbitration.

-Cubs have tendered contracts to arb eligibles Baker, DeWitt, Garza, Soto, Stewart, Wells, but not K Hill.

-