Slight Timing Change/Apology

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.

Slight Timing Change/Apology

#1 Post by Guest »

I know the subscriber page says the pitching profiles will be done on 2/7 - I need 2 extra days to get through them all. I will attempt to make this as close to the 2/7 date as possible but I don't want to pretend the date isn't there and just not make it, I want to be upfront about it.

Appreciate your understanding in advance. This will not be a recurring issue.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

Re: Slight Timing Change/Apology

#2 Post by Bodhizefa »

As long as the change is due to having to wait on shipping for King Felix's crown because you're going to anoint him the king of all fantasyland, then by all means, take your time sir!

Seriously, though, get it right and don't rush it. We'll all enjoy it more then.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

However, there WILL BE some fresh content coming very soon, including a couple more projections essays outlining how we divvy up playing time as well as an explanation of the logical checks we use on the global projections. In addition, I am proofing a series of essays outlining our valuation system and will next write some primers on how to incorporate this on the CVRC, the tool formerly known as PAUL.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

Any chance we'll see the pitcher profiles today, GJ?
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

#5 Post by Guest »

You know, when I typed 2/9 I was convinced 2/9 was Wednesday...and I don't have a good reason for why that is because I indeed do own a calendar. So in my head I've been shooting for Wednesday to complete.

Which of course doesn't answer your question.

So I will answer it with "I will do everything humanly possible to make the answer yes" and I will plead mercy on the forum gods if I do deliver on the date that I mentally thought I was agreeing to, that being tomorrow.

And of course I am sorry.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#6 Post by viper »

the 9th will be on a Wednesday in like September. You just had the wrong month on your calendar.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

#7 Post by Guest »

I always knew I liked you, Viper....

freddiebeach
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 roto

#8 Post by freddiebeach »

Take the time that is required to make it the best ou have to give. I know that is what is most important for me. Enought here to keep me occupied.
Tim Comeau
Mactaquac Marauders

#9 Post by Guest »

They'll be done tonight. Not getting off this comp until they do.

Glad you're pleased with quantity and quality, though.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#10 Post by Bodhizefa »

GaryJ wrote:They'll be done tonight. Not getting off this comp until they do.

Glad you're pleased with quantity and quality, though.
You suck!

Just kidding. Now hurry up so I have some quality nighttime reading material, lol.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by Todd Zola »

Going through some final formatting, should be posted in a few hours.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord