Vogelsong 2012

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
dnm963
Triple-A
Preferred Style: roto 5x5

Vogelsong 2012

#1 Post by dnm963 »

What your thoughts on Vogelsong for 2012? Have him at $8, but might trade him, and get J. Beckett $12 in return. We use IP inplace of Ks. This is the pitching side of the trade, hitters are not important to me, as neither are keepers for their price next year. With the IP being used, not K's does this still seem like a good deal?
Always make'em think you are smarter than you are, but never let them know how smart you really are.
League is a 15 team,$260 draft cap, mixed auction with 10 NL,10 AL teams to draft from(rockies, Astros, Cubs, Marlins, Phillies,Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Balt, and KC CANNOT DRAFT FROM). 5 cat. standard scoring except use IP in place of Ks.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Vogelsong 2012

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I would absolutely pay $4 more to freeze Beckett over Vogelsong, it;s not even close. Both have numbers buoyed by some good fortune, but when you strip that out, Becket is the better pitcher by about .5 in ERA.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I like Vogelsong a lot - he is getting tired now but should be good in the Giants rotation next year - still if you can flip him for Beckett as Todd says, it's a no brainer

dnm963
Triple-A
Preferred Style: roto 5x5

#4 Post by dnm963 »

Thanks for the input, I thought that was going to be your answers...I have indeed gotten Beckett :D
Always make'em think you are smarter than you are, but never let them know how smart you really are.
League is a 15 team,$260 draft cap, mixed auction with 10 NL,10 AL teams to draft from(rockies, Astros, Cubs, Marlins, Phillies,Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Balt, and KC CANNOT DRAFT FROM). 5 cat. standard scoring except use IP in place of Ks.