Raburn or Kipnis?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
special k
Major League Veteran

Raburn or Kipnis?

#1 Post by special k »

AL-only 5X5 tight two-team race for first, including me. Playing time probably the decider here. Should I FAAB for Kipnis and waive Raburn, or figure the Tigers will find a way to get Raburn in the lineup 3/4 times a week and he will respond with a decent final two-plus months, like last year? I was all set to do this, but Kipnis has sat 2 of past 3 since call-up, while Raburn has played 2 of 3. I can probably get Kipnis cheap unless somebody picks him up to replace an injury before 9 tonight, and nobody has snatched him yet. No flexibility except for Raburn.
Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Raburn or Kipnis?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

So much fluidity with both teams it is really a dart throw.

O-Cab played versus the White Sox because he was something like 7 for 21 versus E-Jax (a pet peeve of mine, but that's a rant for another day).

The point being, not sure I would read too much into the Kipnis PT so far.

It may come down to Guillen staying healthy versus O-Cab being traded.

If it were my decision, damn, I'm really not sure.

The chance of an injury in Detroit is high, but Kipnis has a better chance of playing on merit.

Arghh.

I'll go Raburn -- if Kipnis struggles, they will put O-Cab back in.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Unfortunately I don't have a great answer for you as I'm in a similar situation....although I'll be dropping Santiago to at least place a bid in for Kipnis. I read some of the latest on-line stories from the Cleveland newspapers and although Cabrera and Kipnis will NOT be in a platoon Cabrera will get his at bats as Acta justifies it saying Cabrera is 3rd (actually 5th) in RBIs on the team so he deserves some at bats. Kipnis also has struggled since the All-Star breaking hitting something like .160. Given that I am now thinking of lowering my bid to under $10. Chris Davis is also available and I may go that route instead.

I've got Raburn and have been greatly disappointed in his year so far. But he does have pop and Leyland does like him. I, like you, figure he'll get something like 3 starts a week. I think Raburn will have more pop initially as Kipnis adjusts to MLB pitching. I also keep reminding myself that the vast majority of players coming up from the minors struggle as they make the adjustments. So, maybe lean more towards Raburn.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

special k
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by special k »

Thanks, guys, guess I'll stand pat. Also, on further thought, BA is also an issue; the guy I am now two points behind overall is now 1st in BA, and I am in range in 2nd. If Kipnis struggled ... well you get the point.