Jennings

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

Jennings

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

This Jennings guy, he any good? Goodbye, BJ.

I cannot wait for the trades to roll in this year. I'm looking for both my Reds and Indians to do something. Watching the Indians play these days takes me back to watching Eddie Milner and Gary Redus play for the Reds. I thought they were pretty good until I saw Eric Davis swing a bat.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Jennings

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Tampa Bob wrote:This Jennings guy, he any good? Goodbye, BJ.
Easy old boy, easy. I have nominated Maddon to be the third member of the AL Managerial Triumverate of PT Terror along with Gardenhire and Scioscia. I don't know what to read into any TB moves. They just have too many damn flavors of the week. Ruggiano's the real deal ... oops...spoke too fast. Fuld ...a few highlights go a long way to keep a job ...but it seems not much more. Joyce ...wasn't I everyone's darling early in the year - never mind I've been hitting a buck seventy-five since June.

The fact that they keep trotting out different suspects hoping one of them will catch fire doesn't mean BJ is going anywhere. i know they sent Brignac down (bout time) but they have a grand total of two regulars in their lineup ...and BJ's one of them. I wouldn't read too much into this one yet.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

There is, however a difference between Ruggiano, Fuld, Joyce and Jennings. The others were considered ride-em-while-they-are-hot stopgaps while Jennings is supposed to be a regular. Be it in left or center, my suspicion is Jennings will get get full time run for the rest of the season. How he does is conjecture. I like his walk rate, but he fans too much, especially since he is a little advanced age-wise.

It will also be interesting to see SS fleshes out, assuming BJ is not traded for Jose Reyes :mrgreen:

S-Rod and Elliot Johnson stand to gain short term.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

True - which is why I believe that Jennings is a replacement for one of the pieces of flotsam I previously alluded to, rather than being summoned as BJ's replacement. This is a team that purports to be in the playoff hunt - can't see them dealing off one of their two constant day in day out players until the towel gets tossed - and since they'd like a new playground down there, if they do trade BJ and Shields? They better bring a U-Haul full of players back.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Soley my opinion, BUT if there is not an Upton or Damon trade then there are not full time AB for Jennings.....I doubt they are benching Fuld or Joyce on a full time basis.

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#6 Post by Tampa Bob »

Being an Indians fan I have fantasized about an Orlando Cabrera - Damon swap.
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Fuld has been terrible (except his glove) I see no reason why he plays in front of Jennings. As for Upton, he and Maddon have never been on the same page, I can see BJ leaving in more of a value for value deal. Why they are even entertaining dealing Shields is beyond me.

Re: Cleveland -- the guy I would be asking about is old friend Covelli Crisp.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#8 Post by CubFan »

There is too much smoke showing up with respect to Upton being traded that I think something is up. I think he's used up his last lifeline much as Delmon Young did a few years back. FAAB time Sunday and if Upton is not dealt tomorrow I think that'll keep Jenning's value down. I also have Kipnis to bid on. IF Upton is traded and Jennings plays CF and Joyce is in the other corner does Ruggiano become an option in the other corner? May be worth a flier.

I hope Johnson does something with his chance to play more at SS (he's on my team) but when he got more time he became exposed. Going on the DL stripped out any momentum he had.

As of today, Cleveland has supposedly shown an interest in Upton and they've been linked to Coco. Is Ezequiel Carrera a decent option to man CF if they get neither player? Too much of a one-trick pony?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

#9 Post by Captain Hook »

CubFan wrote: IF Upton is traded and Jennings plays CF and Joyce is in the other corner does Ruggiano become an option in the other corner? certainly not a full time player - best he could hope for is split of AB with Fuld (maybe Guyer later)

Is Ezequiel Carrera a decent option to man CF if they get neither player? Too much of a one-trick pony?I don't think so - first CF is what they are trying to cover with Crisp or Upton via trade....only if they can make no trade and he is playing most of the time do his SB come into play

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#10 Post by Bodhizefa »

I think it's time for Fuld to hand over that cape :)

Seriously, though, anyone else hoping Jennings can provide 15+ steals for the rest of the season? I know I could sure use it.

I've been waiting on him for what feels like forever, and even though keeping him down allowed me to see him on the Durham Bulls an awful lot, I'm much happier having him in the big leagues at this point so he can help my fantasy team, lol (and also help beat up those two bully AL East titans -- sorry Todd).
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#11 Post by CubFan »

Snagged me Desmond for $27 FAAB. Time will tell if I overpaid.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

#12 Post by Captain Hook »

Bodhizefa wrote:I think it's time for Fuld to hand over that cape :)

Seriously, though, anyone else hoping Jennings can provide 15+ steals for the rest of the season? I know I could sure use it.

I've been waiting on him for what feels like forever, and even though keeping him down allowed me to see him on the Durham Bulls an awful lot, I'm much happier having him in the big leagues at this point so he can help my fantasy team, lol (and also help beat up those two bully AL East titans -- sorry Todd).
Well obviously he can't maintain his early pace :D but I certainly think 15+ steals are reasonable - Maddon likes to run and Jennings can do that as long as he is on base - playing LF everyday (assuming that continues and it should with the Upton rumors growing) he should have no problem getting those for you.