Tout Wars drafts

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Tout Wars drafts

#1 Post by shif6 »

Are they open to the public? If so, what is the schedule for the 29th?

JP Kastner

Re: Tout Wars drafts

#2 Post by JP Kastner »

I know that the Mixed League is Saturday the 28th at 4:00 p.m. at the Residence Inn Times Square. They have changed the rules significantly for the Mixed which is good. They have expanded it from 12 to 15 teams and now allow you to move players from the bench to the lineup in cases of injuries. I've played the mixed league for three years and it was very shallow compared to the AL and NL leagues. I do not know the times for the other leagues.

Yes, they are open for the public.

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#3 Post by shif6 »

I have heard from a reliable source that the NL draft is the 29th at 9. Todd and Rob Leibowitz are in the NL

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Tell Mr. Reliable I said hi :mrgreen:
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

#5 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

Hi Todd :)

I owe this board a message/hello/where have I gone, etc :) I'll do that on here I guess.

Saturday 9 AM - AL Tout
Saturday 4 PM - Mixed
Sunday 9 AM - NL Tout

I suspect I will be showing up somewhere in the middle or after AL Tout takes place.
Last edited by Rob Leibowitz on February 11th, 2009, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com
Rob's Column/Blog: The Diamond Exchange

msugray

#6 Post by msugray »

Rob Leibowitz wrote:I owe this board a message/hello/where have I gone, etc :)
I just assumed you were doing VERY WELL now that you don't have to carry Jason and Todd anymore! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, you are missed and I wish you much luck in whatever you and your family are doing.

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

#7 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

Well - this is as good as any place to put this - Todd you can re-post it to the blog if you like.

Brief History - September '08 I was made a very nice offer by fanball.com/rototimes.com to come on over to them and given the $ amount versus the workload, it was ideal for me. Todd encouraged me to accept it since he knew my time was going to become quite precious. In December my wife and I had our first kid - Julia. I've been sleepwalking ever since :)

This was prior to our split with fantasy planet. At that point, Todd was going to continue on there until some issues crept up. In the end we all amicably parted ways with fantasy planet and wish them and Perry the best of luck. No hard feelings whatsoever. It was the best for all of the parties involved. Had the order of things been different, I might still be with Todd and Gary, but I'm rather happy where I am right now and committed to raking out the content for Fanball.

As many of you know, I handled the projections from I think 2001 through to 2007 and then shared the workload with Todd and Gary last season. Fanball/Rototimes's projections are done by the very capable Scott Wilderman, so for the first time in over a decade, i'm out of the projection business. Weird! I highly recommend Gary's stuff. He's really done his research and added many factors to the process as you have read in his projection methodology articles.

My stuff - If you miss it - you can pick up a copy of Fanball's magazine out on new stands now. i have an article in it on multiple-position eligibility. plus i have a 3-page article coming out in our next magazine this spring "just cheat sheets". I have spent the winter contributing heavily to fanball's ownersedge.com draftkit. I believe I have something close to 20 articles plus other contributions in it on a variety of topics - off-season moves, bullpen situations, closers, and several strategy pieces too. I will also be starting up a blog at rototimes. Ok enough pimping my stuff before Todd throttles me.

Draft Worksheet - I know many of you have used it in the past and like it and would like to continue utilizing it. I am no longer making changes to it as fanball.com has their own systems and I'm no longer with mastersball, so i can't very well write about it here. However, if you want to use it for 2009 and need some help, please feel free to drop me a note on this message board including your email address and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible! I am certainly still using it for my personal drafts (that is if i don't go back to pencil and paper altogether which I go back and forth about every off-season), so I'll be brushingup on it to remember how it works :)

I'll still be on this board reguarly and at least lurking in the background.

Glad to have Mastersball.com back and good luck to Todd and Gary and the rest of you in your 2009 season!

-Rob Leibowitz
Fanball.com
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

The only throttling I plan on doing is in NL Tout -- and AL LABR to our other ex.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Rob Leibowitz
Major League Regular

#9 Post by Rob Leibowitz »

Well you can come in second place in NL tout. feel free to beat up everyone else :)
Rob Leibowitz
Mastersball.com