embarrasment of riches, need advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mva5142

embarrasment of riches, need advice

#1 Post by mva5142 »

12 team H2H, 6x6, R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS and W,L,SV,K,ERA, WHIP. About 9-10 of the owners are competitive and good guys. I managed to take advantage of hanley's injury and traded for him when his previous owner panicked.Here is my team

C-montero, 1st-pujols, 2nd-beckham, ss-ramirez, 3rd, beltre, of-holliday, N. cruz, ellsbury, Util-G. Sanchez. Bench, ethier, crisp, polanco, D.L.-furcal.

S.P.- cain, haren, liriano, bedard, vogelson, RP-kimbrel, league, M. adams. D.L. beachy

I know I need closers and have been rolling through a roster slot thrying to pick the next one up.

I have an offer on the table for Cruz/beachy for halladay/gio gonzalez. The thought of getting a top 2-3 starting pitcher is awesome, but with the injuries to cruz, holliday, ramirez I know that my bench isn't the best either. Do I need the top end starter and would you pull the trigger on it. I might counter with an offensive player instead of gonzalez.

I really feel like I have a shot to win the league with this team and don't want to make a mistake. I have finished 2nd twice over the last 5 years and want to win the dang thing.

Thanks for your help.

Matt

Captain Hook

Re: embarrasment of riches, need advice

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

mva5142 wrote:12 team H2H, 6x6, R,HR,RBI,SB,AVG,OPS and W,L,SV,K,ERA, WHIP. About 9-10 of the owners are competitive and good guys. I managed to take advantage of hanley's injury and traded for him when his previous owner panicked.Here is my team

C-montero, 1st-pujols, 2nd-beckham, ss-ramirez, 3rd, beltre, of-holliday, N. cruz, ellsbury, Util-G. Sanchez. Bench, ethier, crisp, polanco, D.L.-furcal.

S.P.- cain, haren, liriano, bedard, vogelson, RP-kimbrel, league, M. adams. D.L. beachy

I know I need closers and have been rolling through a roster slot thrying to pick the next one up.

I have an offer on the table for Cruz/beachy for halladay/gio gonzalez. The thought of getting a top 2-3 starting pitcher is awesome, but with the injuries to cruz, holliday, ramirez I know that my bench isn't the best either. Do I need the top end starter and would you pull the trigger on it. I might counter with an offensive player instead of gonzalez.

I really feel like I have a shot to win the league with this team and don't want to make a mistake. I have finished 2nd twice over the last 5 years and want to win the dang thing.

Thanks for your help.

Matt
Matt - good luck in your quest for the pennant. You don't say how you are doing, but that looks like a good team but I don't think you have enough offense in the OF to trade Cruz UNLESS you were getting a bat instaed of Gio - either a better 2B than Beckham (which shouldn't take much) or an OF better than Crisp who you would be forced to play if you traded Cruz.

mva5142

#3 Post by mva5142 »

I have ethier in the outfield as well,if that makes a difference. Unfortunately, the guys 2nd baseman was aaron hill until he dropped him last week and picked someone up.

I wasn't sure that I had enough depth to pull the trigger. Until I picked vogelson up I was picking a couple spot starters a week. Easier to do that than to fin offense.

Thanks for the feedback.

Matt

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

When I looked at the trade I thought you were getting the better part of the deal, why not than make that trade and immediately flip Halladay for a stud bat?

I would think Halladay might earn you an upgrade on what Cruz was, not your fault the guy is under valuing the Doc.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by SteveB »

I think I would make this trade .....Huge improvement getting two solid P and only piece your losing is Cruz. sliding Ethier in for Cruz inho will only cost you a few HRs. I do agree with Perry that upgrading Beckman would be something i would be looking at. there has been a few MI called him recently might be able to improve there regardless.