FAABULOU$ Weekend - continued

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

FAABULOU$ Weekend - continued

#1 Post by viper »

It was a wild weekend. I had one AL-only and one NL-only league with Sunday FAAB. Both are ten team leagues paying the top four. In the AL, I am in eighth but only six points out of third. In the NL, I am in seventh only seven out of third. I am power challenged in both. I took the position to pretty much go all-in in these league. We start with $200 FAAB and I had $178 (AL) & $130 (NL) left.

I won Moustakas at $121. The league leader was second at $111 and he had over $190 in the bank. $93 was third.
I won Rizzo at $97. Second was $73 with $59 & $58 third and fourth.

The future will let me know if I did good or bad. Although the league has no benches, it does have 1-game eligibility so both were acquired for my weakest active bat.

BTW, Blackmon went for $19, Gordon for $18 and Weeks for $6.
Last edited by viper on June 13th, 2011, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: FAABULOU$ Weekend - continued

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Congratulations Mike - I think you did GREAT especially with limited resources (or was the $2000 supposed to be $200?)

Somewhat surprised the prices weren't higher though

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: FAABULOU$ Weekend - continued

#3 Post by viper »

what's a measly zero among friends - $200 only
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer