dump deal advice/Goldschmidt or Rizzo?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mjlewis
Major League Veteran

dump deal advice/Goldschmidt or Rizzo?

#1 Post by mjlewis »

Who's going to be the better hitter in 2012 and going forward, Goldschmidt or Rizzo? Rizzo has been tearing up the PCL, but it's a hitter's league and he's going to Petco. Goldschmidt has been tearing up the Southern League, which I don't know if it favors hitters or pitchers but it's AA instead of AAA; on the other hand he's going to be in Chase Field.

I was offered a dump trade that is medium helpful: Fowler ($12, option year 2012), Goldschmidt ($5/minors), Lucroy ($6/2013), Polanco ($10/2013), Putz ($18/2013) for Rizzo ($10/2013) and Teheran ($10/minors). Lucroy would be replacing Pudge, Polanco would be replacing Sands at UT, Putz would replace Gee. Given that what I need most is HR/RBI, this doesn't help all that much... but it feels like a fairly lucrative offer for those two guys, Lucroy is a decent keeper himself, and maybe I can keep or flip Goldschmidt in a later deal.

I have a lot of other decent pieces to offer in another dump deal, but there are no other teams with useful players that have committed to dumping yet, so that will have to wait.

5x5 10-team NL-only using AVG. Minor leaguers can be kept until they lose MLB rookie status.

- Mike

Captain Hook

Re: dump deal advice/Goldschmidt or Rizzo?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

RIZZO will be much better this year and in the future (if nothing else he will get MORE playing time this year - rumored to be called up tomorrow and in the lineup)......Goldschmidt is stuck behind Miranda who has been playing better since the Diamondbacks dumped Branyan and let him have (at least) the LH at bats.