Lawrie quick update and question

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
special k
Major League Veteran

Lawrie quick update and question

#1 Post by special k »

Lawrie on Minor League 7-day DL retroactive to June 1, meaning no call-up until at least Wednesday, probably longer.
Anyone have any further insight on whether he might be called up before next Sunday? His status does affect a roster move I have to make tonight, whether I leave a spot open to grab him or not.
Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Lawrie quick update and question

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

special k wrote:Lawrie on Minor League 7-day DL retroactive to June 1, meaning no call-up until at least Wednesday, probably longer.
Anyone have any further insight on whether he might be called up before next Sunday? His status does affect a roster move I have to make tonight, whether I leave a spot open to grab him or not.
Thanks
all we have is what is available out there in reports -- he can be activated Thursday but the Jays want to make sure he is 100% before promoting him. Is 3 games on the farm enough? Your guess is as good as ours.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

No one can really know - but given he was going to be activated this weekend and they are just being cautious and not activating him while his hand is bruised, isn't your best option to leave room for him?

special k
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by special k »

Yes, a WAG. I have Thome hurt, and can either replace him today, or wait one week, Must replace him or let it ride by next Sunday. Could grab Revere or activate Juan Rivera from my reserve (AL-only), but I think I'll wait a week on the off chance I can snag Lawrie for the rest of the year.
Unless I am wrong and you don't think he will out-perform Thome. Am I developing prospect beer goggles?

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

special k wrote:Yes, a WAG. I have Thome hurt, and can either replace him today, or wait one week, Must replace him or let it ride by next Sunday. Could grab Revere or activate Juan Rivera from my reserve (AL-only), but I think I'll wait a week on the off chance I can snag Lawrie for the rest of the year.
Unless I am wrong and you don't think he will out-perform Thome. Am I developing prospect beer goggles?
How many teams in your league have or will have openings?
I would much rather have Lawrie, especially if you need power, but would hate to lose both Lawrie and Revere

special k
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by special k »

Revere would only be until Thome came back. Lawrie would be a potential replacement. That is the only question: Thome vs. Lawrie for the rest of 2011. plus the potential per our rules for Lawrie for $10 for 2012.
That's why I'm leaning toward rolling the dice and not making a claim for one week of a Thome replacement. At this point, the other potential Lawrie bidders have gone after other options, BTW, and we have an injury claim over FAAB rule.

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

special k wrote:Revere would only be until Thome came back. Lawrie would be a potential replacement. That is the only question: Thome vs. Lawrie for the rest of 2011. plus the potential per our rules for Lawrie for $10 for 2012.
That's why I'm leaning toward rolling the dice and not making a claim for one week of a Thome replacement. At this point, the other potential Lawrie bidders have gone after other options, BTW, and we have an injury claim over FAAB rule.
Okay - and I certainly agree in Going for IT!

Captain Hook

#8 Post by Captain Hook »

today's update is bad news - or at least a delayed arrival.....
from twitter
ShiDavidi Shi Davidi
Lawrie's fracture found after swelling subsided. It's non-displaced, so he won't need a cast. Minimum 2-3 weeks of rest.
20 minutes ago »
ShiDavidi Shi Davidi
Fracture found in Larwies hand