Heyward Trade Opinion

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Heyward Trade Opinion

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Got an offer in my 10 team mix

I give Ortiz & Hosmer I get Heyward & Abreu.

What are people's thoughts on Heyward. Good buy low, or risky play?

The other owner might consider this....

I give Bucholtz & Hosmer I get Heyward & Danks. Should I push for this deal? I'm worried about Dank's Whip more than anything.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Captain Hook

Re: Heyward Trade Opinion

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Keeper/redraft?

categories?

roster size? (since the league is so shallow)

also in both your potential trades, position doesn't seem to be a consideration...why might be helpful.....

Black Sox
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by Black Sox »

Sorry :oops: Tried to keep the post short.

Redraft CBS 5x5 Mix Standard Roster with 6 Bench spots.

One of the reasons I didn't give more info is that I want the trade judged just on the merits. Right now I can't play Hosmer so he sits on my bench. However I think he can be a top 10 1B for the rest of the year, so I've been unwilling to take less value just because he doesn't fit right now. At my 1b/CNR/UT I have Miggy / Prince & Ortiz, so Hosmer isn't cracking that without an injury to someone.

My OF is currently Either R.Roberts ( who I could move to MI for Figgins ) D.Stubbs D.Young Swisher ( with Victriano on the DL )
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Not really sure what "judged on its merits" means. A trade should be judged on how well it helps your team win. I will trade a steak for an ear of corn if I have an excess of steak and need corn to round out my meal.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

I will disagree with Todd. You would not get any of my steak for some corn. Are you kidding me? Please. Anyway, try Hosmer for Heyward, it seems like the guy has a hard-on for Hosmer.

Black Sox
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by Black Sox »

He won't do Hosmer for Heyward.

When I say on the merits I mean in a vacuum. It's early enough and I'm already in 1st place so I'm still just looking to acquire talent. Hosmer is a chip right now that I'm not willing to spend just for a small upgrade at OF ( which if people don't think Heyward will get healthy and rebound is what it would be ) I'd rather hold him in case I suffer an injury and need to replace someone or a better deal presents itself.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

HOLD - no reason to make an iffy trade now and plenty of options later

PS - I like Hosmer as much as the next guy but top ten 1B? That is really pushing the man love - give the kid a break, he is a rookie