Jason Kipnis/Dustin Ackley

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Macca11
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: Mixed 5x5 redraft.

Jason Kipnis/Dustin Ackley

#1 Post by Macca11 »

Two questions:
1. Is Kipnis likely to make the major league club on/after June 1?
2. Would anyone here drop Clint Barmes for him anytime soon?
14-team mixed redraft league, team in sig. Have to play 4 middle-infielders, hence my interest.
Thanks for any and all opinions.
PS If you can think of any other imminent major league entrants (Dustin Ackley?) the same questions apply.
14-team mixed 5x5 redraft auction league.
Hitters: C1 Y Molina C2 J Montero 1b A Pujols 2b D Espinosa SS A Ramirez MI1 O Infante MI2 Daniel Murphy 3b J Bautista CI C Headley UT1 J Mayberry Jr UT2 C Gentry OF1 M Cuddyer OF2 C Quentin OF3 D Viciedo OF4 R Davis OF5 G Blanco.

Pitchers:
SP1 J Weaver SP2 CJ Wilson SP3 J Cueto SP4 B Beachy P1 D Hudson P2 E Frieri RP1 M Adams RP2 S Casilla RP3 A Chapman RP4 J Broxton.
Bench: G Richards (P), I Nova (P), D Gee (P), B Roberts (2b).

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Jason Kipnis/Dustin Ackley

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

With the way the Cabrera twins are playing and even how well Cleveland in general is playing, they could be in "if it ain't broke" mode. I think Ackley could be up before Kipnis.

As for Barmes, the best one can say is he is getting playing time. That said, Keppinger is playing in Triple-A, though his foot is barking a little. i don't know that I would go with a dead spot in my lineup and hope Ackley is called up soon, but then one could argue Barmes is already a dead spot.

A more interesting decision may be Keppinger versus Ackley. At least for 2011, they profile pretty similarly if you first assume Keppinger's foot is okay and second, Ackley does good but not great. Long term, of course, Ackley is the guy.

I don't know of any other middle guys imminent. I assume 3B like Moustakas or Chisenhall are not what you are looking for.

ETA Brett Lawrie should be in the conversation, depending on where he would qualify in your league.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Macca11
Major League Regular

#3 Post by Macca11 »

Thanks Todd, just checked and Lawrie is 2b eligible in my league, and the Toronto press seem to be begging the Jays to call him up.
As I've been lucky with injuries so far (that should jinx it) I grabbed Belt as I have the bench room. Moustakas has been taken. Which of my three catchers would you drop to make room for Lawrie: Conger, Ruiz or Torrealba?
This league is full of sharks, so I probably need to grab Lawrie soon and hang on. Thanks again.
Hitters: C1 Y Molina C2 J Montero 1b A Pujols 2b D Espinosa SS A Ramirez MI1 O Infante MI2 Daniel Murphy 3b J Bautista CI C Headley UT1 J Mayberry Jr UT2 C Gentry OF1 M Cuddyer OF2 C Quentin OF3 D Viciedo OF4 R Davis OF5 G Blanco.

Pitchers:
SP1 J Weaver SP2 CJ Wilson SP3 J Cueto SP4 B Beachy P1 D Hudson P2 E Frieri RP1 M Adams RP2 S Casilla RP3 A Chapman RP4 J Broxton.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

pretty sure Todd would join me in saying Torrealba is the catcher to drop

Macca11
Major League Regular

#5 Post by Macca11 »

Thanks, Perry. Here's hoping the kid keeps hitting .400!

Pitchers: