Domonic Brown

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
50 Desert Eagles

Domonic Brown

#1 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

It has begun....

Phillies recalled OF Domonic Brown from Triple-A Lehigh Valley.
GM Ruben Amaro Jr. said on Thursday that Brown would not be taking an Shane Victorino's spot on the Phillies' active roster, but has apparently changed his mind. In between hand and thumb injuries, Brown was scorching the ball in Triple-A, batting .341 to go along with a .431 on-base percentage, two home runs and 10 RBI in just 51 plate appearances. With Raul Ibanez and Ben Francisco both continuing to struggle, Brown could be in for a lot of playing time, particularly in right field.

southpaw

Re: Domonic Brown

#2 Post by southpaw »

I am one of the very few who has never been a Dom Brown fan. I think he is way overhyped. Not saying he won't be a serviceable ML player in the years to come but I just haven't seen anything scream superstar to me.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

He looks to be one of those "better in fantasy than real life" players. He should fill up the counting stats pretty well, with his ultimate fantasy (and real life) value being tied to how much he can cut down on the strikeouts.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

If you are looking at him as a fantasy saviour you may have quite a wait. The Phillies will essentially platoon him for a while so he won't be a full time player until he is fully healthy AND hitting well