No off days next week

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

No off days next week

#1 Post by viper »

I was looking to see when Peavy pitches next. I saw that each American League team played all seven days. Checking the National League, they also have a full slate of games every day. My guess is that this does not happen very often. It also mean many, many 2-start pitchers next week. More chances to make bad decisions.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: No off days next week

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

plus next weekend is Interleague play for all but two NL teams

very interesting week for lineup decisions

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: No off days next week

#3 Post by viper »

an ?advantage? of no bench leagues is that you really don't have a whole lot of decisions. You do have a few players that get minimal ABs in half the inter-league games. But my league has one-game eligibility. I'm hoping that during inter-league play, Matsui sees the OF once or Hafner get a single crack at 1B.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer