Tejada or Stewart must go - who should it be?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Tejada or Stewart must go - who should it be?

#1 Post by viper »

Andres Torres returns on Tuesday in my 5x5 NL-only league. There is no bench so someone must be dropped - unless there is a DL prior to Tuesday's games. The position of the player dropped is not relevant as I can cover all positions regardless of who is dropped. My two candidates are Miguel Tejada and Ian Stewart. Not that is really matters at this time but all categories are equally in play. I'm just looking to keep the player who will do best overall the rest of the way.

Right now I'm leaning to drop Stewart as his PT seems to be the most in peril.

Suggestions wanted.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Tejada or Stewart must go - who should it be?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Tejada's job is very much in jeopardy. Fontenot is showing he can handle shortstop and the Giants will soon have DeRosa and later Sandoval to play 3B.

To me it is a dart throw, with neither providing anything solid. It is likely a spot to look to somehow upgrade.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

special k
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by special k »

Stewart, OTOH, is playing himself out of MLB with no hope of recovery.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

Stewart was the May sweepstakes winner. However, Tejada will likely go in Sunday's FAAB.

I have one league with Wednesday night FAAB. Candidates are Fuld , Getz & McDonald. Pickins' are slim in this AL-only league but I see a few possibilities.

I've done the NFBC every year up until now. This season I have just "-only" leagues. It takes way less time to review the FAAB candidates. About the only two categories for hitting that you check are ABs & AVG.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer