AL Only Trade/ Roster

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Trav The Ump

AL Only Trade/ Roster

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

I can get Cuddyer for Gutierrez straight up. This week I will be IRing Rhymes as he's in the minors. So my roster can look like this.

Cuddyer, Patterson and probably Michael Saunders or Trevor Plouffe goes in for Rhymes

Or I say no to the trade

Plouffe, Gutierrez go into my roster and I would drop Patterson.

I'm thinking I make the trade just to get Cuddyer into my MI and hope Patterson doesn't kill me. Or do I hope Gutierrez comes back and is somewhat decent??? Knowing that when Gutierrez is back Saunders playing time is probably cut?

special k
Major League Veteran

Re: AL Only Trade/ Roster

#2 Post by special k »

Even given that Cuddyer is not exactly ripping the cover off the ball, who knows what to expect out of Guttierrez? Cuddyer would seem a safer bet, and assuming MI eligibility, that's pretty helpful. And you have to think he will bounce back some, sounds like someone selling low.

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

Thats what I'm going for as I'm mired in the middle of the pack right now. Gutierrez hasn't gotten an AB yet and I can get a serviceable guy for him. And Cuddyer at MI is at least respectable. I think I'll go for it and see where the chips fall.

special k
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by special k »

Good decision, IMHO

Trav The Ump

#5 Post by Trav The Ump »

Ended up making a second deal wherein I got to keep Patterson. So ended up moving Gutierrez, Thome, McGee and IR'ing Rhymes in place for Patterson, Cust, White (Cle) and Cuddyer. Turns out just to be more at bats for me, wasn't thrilled in giving up McGee but Farnsworth seems decent and word is League is safe for awhile now with the Aardsma news.

Cuddyer and Cust represent a big upgrade over Thome and Rhymes, McGee was probably just going to be a MI innings eater for me when he was called back up and I'm banking on Patterson over Gutierrez going forward.

Seems like an insignificant trade, but in an AL only with no bench at bats are like gold and I just added a lot to my team.