DOUGHBOYS

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

DOUGHBOYS

#1 Post by viper »

Todd had an "interview" with DOUGHBOYS and it can be found in today's articles. For several months I have wanted to post here that everyone, and I mean everyone, should go to the NFBC Message Board, the general forum

http://nfbcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... =forum;f=1

and read any and all article started by DOUGHBOYS. Go back as far as you can. With the fantasy season underway, board posts everywhere are infrequent and the articles are what I find to be most interesting. I don't read articles on keepers because I do not play in them. Even the important 2-start articles are avoided because my leagues do not have benches. Trades are glanced at as they almost always involve mixed leagues and all mine are NL-only or AL-only.

What I look for are any general article written by Todd, Lawr [love his non-baseball stuff], and the rest of the staff here. I read BBHQ articles although some get skipped or skimmed - a bit too many unreadable charts and list. But my main love away from here is DOUGHBOYS postings. Please do yourself a favor and read his stuff. Go back in the NFBC archives and read. They are the best in the non-Mastersball world and there is not a close second.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

jkadagio

Re: DOUGHBOYS

#2 Post by jkadagio »

Thanks. Never read any DOUGHBOYS posts before today....good food for thought.